Lay's Thai Sweet Chili
Taste test: These potato chips from the Lay's Tastes of America series weren't the first time we've seen this flavor from Lay's, but last time they changed the order of the words and method of preparing the potato in creating a Sweet Thai Chili flavor of the Pringles-style Stax crisps. I opened the bag to find that there were lots of large, unbroken chips, with gently curving shapes, a light yellow color and a light smattering of green seasoning bits spread over the surfaces.
I crunched in to find a very crispy crunch and a very tasty seasoning that matched the flavor description pretty well. I love the taste of sweet chili sauce, and this was a lot like it. They emphasized the sweet over the heat in the description on the bag, but reality was reversed, as there was actually quite a good hit of heat, and it was less sweet than many of the sauces are. It seemed like a noticeably different taste than they used in the popular Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili flavor. Good chips!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, really smells like a sweet chili sauce!
From the package: “Inspired by the food truck scene of the Pacific Northwest, get a taste of Thai sweet chili sauce with a hint of heat. Food lovers rejoice!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road