Lay's Texas Grilled BBQ Flavor
Taste test: These potato chips from China had a nice yellow color with areas of browning, without any visible seasoning powder. They came in gently curving shapes with occasional bumps.
We crunched in to find a great crisp, light crunch accompanied by a mild flavor that didn't scream barbecue at all like we expected from the name, but it was still quite tasty. It was just a mild savory flavor, maybe slightly like a beef broth, and it went well with the potato taste. Very good, but not sure what they though made it "Texas Grilled BBQ" at all.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild and nice, maybe a hint of beef broth, but not a strong meat or barbecue smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potatoes, Palm Oil, Flavors (Maltodextrin, Salt, Yease [sic] Extract)” ... “Product of China”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (112 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road