Lay's Tapatío Limón
Taste test: These potato chips were fairly large and wiggly, and they had a nice bright glow from the generous amount of orange/red seasoning on their surfaces. There wasn't any skin on the edges of the chips.
I crunched in to find a good crispness and soft crunch, with an explosion of flavor. I've been stocking Tapatío sauce in my fridge for a couple of years, so I'm familiar with the taste, but the addition of lime made it a bit hard to recognize the Tapatío taste — and there was lots and lots of lime. I wouldn't say the lime entirely dominated, as the chips were still quite hot, but it altered the taste of the hot sauce quite significantly. If you don't like lime, stay away from this one, as the lime can't be ignored, but if you like both hot sauce and lime, these could be your chips!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, sweet potato/lime/hot sauce smell. Nice.
From the package: “Tapatio is a registered trademark of Tapatio Foods, LLC. used under license.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1020 snacks)
- Lime Chips (151 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road