Lay's Tapatío Limón
Taste test: These potato chips were fairly large and wiggly, and they had a nice bright glow from the generous amount of orange/red seasoning on their surfaces. There wasn't any skin on the edges of the chips.
I crunched in to find a good crispness and soft crunch, with an explosion of flavor. I've been stocking Tapatío sauce in my fridge for a couple of years, so I'm familiar with the taste, but the addition of lime made it a bit hard to recognize the Tapatío taste — and there was lots and lots of lime. I wouldn't say the lime entirely dominated, as the chips were still quite hot, but it altered the taste of the hot sauce quite significantly. If you don't like lime, stay away from this one, as the lime can't be ignored, but if you like both hot sauce and lime, these could be your chips!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, sweet potato/lime/hot sauce smell. Nice.
From the package: “Tapatio is a registered trademark of Tapatio Foods, LLC. used under license.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Lime Chips (154 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road