Lay's StrEATs of the World Taco
Taste test: These chips from Canada had somewhat wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, plus a strong yellow color topped with lots of smallish green seasoning bits. We've seen a number of taco-flavored snacks from Frito-Lay, but mostly within the Doritos brand — the only other Taco-flavored Lay's were Crispy Taco in 2017's Do Us A Flavor promotion in the USA.
We crunched in to find a light, brittle crunch with a tasty seasoning that was fairly mild as taco flavors go. The most distinct taste I could notice was actually the sour cream, and it was combined with various spices that could remotely pass for a taco with salsa. The seasonings had a nice fresh flavor, but I don't think I would have guessed that it was a taco flavor if it hadn't said so on the bag.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very zesty, could easily pass for seasoned taco meat.
From the package: “Lay's potato chips brings you a delicious flavour collection, StrEATs of the world. It includes flavours inspired by street food masters from Italy, Mexico and even right here in Canada. Take a flavour trip with us and try all three limited time selections. New Lays Taco flavour potato chips — the streets of Mexico are home to one of the most iconic street foods — the mighty taco. Crafted with only the most flavourful meats, cheeses and toppings, it is loved around the world. Now enjoy this limited time flavour, seasoned on Canada's favorite potato chip brand!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (341 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Taco Snacks (38 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa in Montreal. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road