Lay's Sweet Southern Heat Barbecue
Taste test: I found these just days after discovering the Hot & Spicy Barbecue flavor from Lay's, so I was very interested to see how the two compared. These looked very much like the other kind, with a very similar orange coloration, but there were fewer tiny black specks on the Southern Heat ones.
When I crunched into this one, it seemed to be a fairly standard barbecue chip taste at first, with just a little extra sweetness but no heat of any significance — tasty but nothing special. However, the real reward came in the aftertaste, as the heat kicked in impressively and really enhanced the because flavor to make it quite tasty. Another very good flavor from Lay's.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet and very tangy barbecue smell. Made my mouth water.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (211 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1976 snacks)
- Hot Chips (998 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (479 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at 7-Eleven. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Froot Loops Jumbo Snax
- Kraken Extra Hot Flavor
- Speedy Choice Fire Roasted Sweet Corn Premium Popcorn
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road