Lay's Sweet Southern Heat Barbecue
Taste test: I found these just days after discovering the Hot & Spicy Barbecue flavor from Lay's, so I was very interested to see how the two compared. These looked very much like the other kind, with a very similar orange coloration, but there were fewer tiny black specks on the Southern Heat ones.
When I crunched into this one, it seemed to be a fairly standard barbecue chip taste at first, with just a little extra sweetness but no heat of any significance — tasty but nothing special. However, the real reward came in the aftertaste, as the heat kicked in impressively and really enhanced the because flavor to make it quite tasty. Another very good flavor from Lay's.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet and very tangy barbecue smell. Made my mouth water.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (488 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road