Lay's Stax Xtra Flamin' Hot
Taste test: This flavor of Stax promised to bring an extra-big hit of heat to the Pringles-like crisps from Lay's — not just Flamin' Hot, but Xtra Flamin' Hot! It seems like they skipped a step here, because although we've seen over a dozen Flamin' Hot varieties from Frito-Lay, we never tried a (not Xtra) Flamin' Hot Stax. (We have reviewed a Flamin' Hot Lay's, non-Stax, non-Xtra. We've also seen the "Xtra" flavor in two kinds of Cheetos, but they spelled it "Xxtra" in those cases: Crunchy Curls and Asteroids.)
The surfaces of the crisps had lots of red stuff on them, with a clumpy look to it, and most of the seasoning was on the concave side. I crunched in to find a good brittle crunch and nicely tasty heat, hotter than is typical of the Flamin' Hot brand though still far from the hottest ever. When I ate a whole bunch of them in a row, the heat lingered for quite a while, even after drinking some lemonade. Fairly hot, and quite good!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slightly tangy, but nothing at all hot about it.
From the package: “Lay's Stax® Xtra Flamin' Hot® flavored crisps give you the full flavor and crispy crunch that adds great taste to your busy day. ”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (414 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (293 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road