Lay's Stax Sour Cream & Onion (Taiwan)
Taste test: This version of Lay's Stax from Taiwan was a bit confounding when we first looked at the box, as the language was foreign to us and the pictures had us making some wild guesses about the flavor. It looked like some onions next to a bowl of macaroni and cheese. That would have been an interesting one. (But it would not be a flavor first by a long shot: we've reviewed Wise Cheez Doodles Mac -n- Cheese, Lay's Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Crackers.) But alas, it was not to be. We eventually found an import label that identified the flavor as sour cream and onion.
But it was a very different product than the Sour Cream & Onion Stax that we reviewed in 2003. This one was a cardboard box (rather than a blue plastic tube), containing two separate stacks of smaller crisps of the same shape, each foil-wrapped. The chips had a smattering of large green bits on the surface, plus some fine light yellow/orange seasoning that closely matched the color of the chips. There was a light crunch and a fairly midl flavor, more onion than sour cream. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild onion smell.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (38 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (91 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (409 snacks)
- Sour Cream & Onion Chips (135 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road