Lay's Stax Mesquite Barbecue
Taste test: This flavor of Lay's Stax had a good helping of dark orange seasoning on most of the uniformly shaped, Pringles-like crisps.
We crunched in to find a tasty but somewhat mild barbecue flavor. It was a a mix of spicy and sweet, with just a mild heat. There was a hot aftertaste too, but still a pretty mild one. Nothing that stood out from the crowd here as BBQ chips go, but a good flavor nonetheless.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nicely sweet and spicy, quite a kick. Very nice!
From the package: “Lay's Stax® are the ultimate way to recharge! Lay's Stax® Mesquite BBQ flavored potato crisps give you the full flavor and crispy crunch that adds great taste to your busy day.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road