Lay's Stax Chinese Yam Salted Spare Ribs
Taste test: This flavor from Lay's Stax promised the taste of yam and pork ribs (we found it alongside two other kinds that also combined two different flavors: Pumpkin and Caramel and Avocado and Mustard), but they looked like ordinary crisps, with a pale yellow color on the surfaces, as any seasoning powder was quite camouflaged.
I crunched in to find a light crunch and nice taste, as there was something savory beyond just salt, but it was mild, and I don't think I could have guessed in a million years that it was supposed to taste like salted spare ribs. As for yam, I didn't notice any sweet potato flavor either.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild savory smell, but not particularly like yam or ribs.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (295 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Sweet Potato Chips (60 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road