Lay's Stax Sizzled Barbecue Flavor
Taste test: This edition of Lay's Stax from China came in a Pringles-style (metal and foil) can with a tray (not the usual Stax blue plastic), and the chips were less uniform in Shape than we've come to expect from Stax, as they very generally followed the Pringles shape but were quite wiggly on the surfaces.
They had a somewhat tangy (though not hot) flavor that most people found OK, but nobody was exactly thrilled with the taste. The taste was similar to a lot of other flavored Asian snacks, not all that bad or good, and not really particularly barbecue like. If not for the "Sizzled Barbecue" label, probably nobody would have guessed "Barbecue" from the taste alone.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of weird, definitely not any of the usual barbecue smells.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Stax (37 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (477 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (405 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (285 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Judy and Lee in China. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Crunch 'n Munch Brownie Brittle Crunch Popcorn Clusters
- Cheetos Bugles Seafood Flavor
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road