Lay's Stax Sizzled Barbecue Flavor
Taste test: This edition of Lay's Stax from China came in a Pringles-style (metal and foil) can with a tray (not the usual Stax blue plastic), and the chips were less uniform in Shape than we've come to expect from Stax, as they very generally followed the Pringles shape but were quite wiggly on the surfaces.
They had a somewhat tangy (though not hot) flavor that most people found OK, but nobody was exactly thrilled with the taste. The taste was similar to a lot of other flavored Asian snacks, not all that bad or good, and not really particularly barbecue like. If not for the "Sizzled Barbecue" label, probably nobody would have guessed "Barbecue" from the taste alone.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of weird, definitely not any of the usual barbecue smells.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (39 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (480 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (412 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (290 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Judy and Lee in China. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road