Lay's Stax Black Pepper Rib Eye Steak Flavor
Taste test: This version of Stax came with a tray in the can, much like the Chinese flavors of Lay's Stax, and the uniformly shaped crisps had some very fine, multicolored seasoning powder distributed lightly but evenly over the surfaces. The surfaces were relatively bumpy as Pringles/Stax go.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a a nice taste that was a reasonable match for a juicy steak, though fairly sweet, and without any noticeable level of the promised black pepper. Tasty, not not quite what was promised.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild savory smell, but could not notice steak or pepper.
From the package: “Product of China”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Beef (43 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road