Lay's Stax Black Pepper Rib Eye Steak Flavor
Taste test: This version of Stax came with a tray in the can, much like the Chinese flavors of Lay's Stax, and the uniformly shaped crisps had some very fine, multicolored seasoning powder distributed lightly but evenly over the surfaces. The surfaces were relatively bumpy as Pringles/Stax go.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a a nice taste that was a reasonable match for a juicy steak, though fairly sweet, and without any noticeable level of the promised black pepper. Tasty, not not quite what was promised.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild savory smell, but could not notice steak or pepper.
From the package: “Product of China”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Stax (37 snacks)
- Snacks from China (113 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (405 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (285 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (126 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (107 snacks)
- Beef Chips (39 snacks)
This snack was discovered at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Takis Blue Heat
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Jays Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
- Kit Kat Birthday Cake
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road