Lay's Stax Black Pepper Rib Eye Steak Flavor
Taste test: This version of Stax came with a tray in the can, much like the Chinese flavors of Lay's Stax, and the uniformly shaped crisps had some very fine, multicolored seasoning powder distributed lightly but evenly over the surfaces. The surfaces were relatively bumpy as Pringles/Stax go.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a a nice taste that was a reasonable match for a juicy steak, though fairly sweet, and without any noticeable level of the promised black pepper. Tasty, not not quite what was promised.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild savory smell, but could not notice steak or pepper.
From the package: “Product of China”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (39 snacks)
- Snacks from China (118 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (412 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (289 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (127 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (115 snacks)
- Beef Chips (41 snacks)
This snack was discovered at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- Varitas de Verduras
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road