Lay's Spicy! Sha Sha Sauce
Taste test: These potato chips from Taiwan looked a lot like regular Lay's, with gently curving shapes and some bubbles embedded inside, without much seasoning powder visible but with a light orange glow throughout.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a mix of tomato and a spice that stood out as sharp while being just somewhat hot. Some Internet searching found that Sha Sha Sauce (often spelled Sha Cha Sauce) is generally made from soybean oil, garlic, shallots, chilies, brill fish and dried shrimp. It was definitely an unusual flavor for potato chips. Pretty tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very zesty, a definite kick of heat.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (100 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road