Lay's Spicy! Sha Sha Sauce
Taste test: These potato chips from Taiwan looked a lot like regular Lay's, with gently curving shapes and some bubbles embedded inside, without much seasoning powder visible but with a light orange glow throughout.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a mix of tomato and a spice that stood out as sharp while being just somewhat hot. Some Internet searching found that Sha Sha Sauce (often spelled Sha Cha Sauce) is generally made from soybean oil, garlic, shallots, chilies, brill fish and dried shrimp. It was definitely an unusual flavor for potato chips. Pretty tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very zesty, a definite kick of heat.
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (100 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road