Lay's Spicy Red Pepper
Taste test: This version of Lay's Potato Chips from Taiwan had narrow ripples and gently curving shapes, with a light yellow color in some places and some orange seasoning powder in others.
I crunched in to find a crisp crunch with some some tangy and mildly hot spices, to start. Soon after that, the intensity of the heat grew quite a bit for a strong, intense, tasty kick. The heat lingered and lingered, returning in nearly full force after big sips of juice or chocolate milk.
This flavor was certainly worthy of the word "Spicy" that was featured prominently on the bag, as it had a distinct kick that stood out from the pack of hot chips. It seemed remotely like the sichuan peppers that provided a knockout taste to some other snacks, including Explosive Potato Chips and Lay's Numb & Spicy, but not quite as striking of a flavor as those (and sichuan peppers were not among the many things that were listed in the Ingredients).
A tasty one for people who can stand the heat!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild pepper smell, plus a hint of potato.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (96 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (594 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road