Lay's Spicy Ketchup
Taste test: This flavor of Lay's (not to be confused with the non-spicy Ketchup flavor available in Canada) had some orange-red seasoning unevenly applied across the chips (though less of this seasoning than the picture on the bag showed), plus some green spots.
Our tasters crunched in to find a sweet and tangy ketchup flavor to start with. It was a good ketchup taste, but not really all that different from other ketchup chips. Soon thereafter, the "spicy" part of this flavor hit, and though I couldn't specifically taste jalapeño, there were definitely some sort of hot peppers that contributed to a burn in the aftertaste. It would have been even nicer if those extra spices had hit before the aftertaste too, but these were pretty good chips anyway.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like regular ketchup, nothing particularly spicy about it.
From the package: “It all starts with farm-fresh potatoes, then our chefs add a delicious blend of jalapeno and black pepper, rich blended tomato, and all natural seasoning for the bold and zippy taste of spicy ketchup.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road