Lay's Spicy Ketchup
Taste test: This flavor of Lay's (not to be confused with the non-spicy Ketchup flavor available in Canada) had some orange-red seasoning unevenly applied across the chips (though less of this seasoning than the picture on the bag showed), plus some green spots.
Our tasters crunched in to find a sweet and tangy ketchup flavor to start with. It was a good ketchup taste, but not really all that different from other ketchup chips. Soon thereafter, the "spicy" part of this flavor hit, and though I couldn't specifically taste jalapeño, there were definitely some sort of hot peppers that contributed to a burn in the aftertaste. It would have been even nicer if those extra spices had hit before the aftertaste too, but these were pretty good chips anyway.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like regular ketchup, nothing particularly spicy about it.
From the package: “It all starts with farm-fresh potatoes, then our chefs add a delicious blend of jalapeno and black pepper, rich blended tomato, and all natural seasoning for the bold and zippy taste of spicy ketchup.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published June 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road