Lay's Southwestern Queso
Taste test: These potato chips had a mustardy-looking yellow color, with lots of seasoning bits of various sizes on the surfaces, most of it greenish (so the actual chips didn't much resemble the plain-looking ones shown on the front of the bag).
I crunched in to find a very nice crisp, lightly crunch feel, with an an initial taste that seemed like cheddar and sour cream, except with extra spices. After that, those spices grew in strength, adding some heat as well. I've eaten quite a few queso dips in my day, and this taste was kind of remotely in the orbit of some of them, but it didn't come very close to any of them. Pretty good, just not quite what I expected.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, mostly chili powder, but other stuff too.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1988 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1022 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Cheese (312 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Stop & Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road