Lay's Southwestern Queso
Taste test: These potato chips had a mustardy-looking yellow color, with lots of seasoning bits of various sizes on the surfaces, most of it greenish (so the actual chips didn't much resemble the plain-looking ones shown on the front of the bag).
I crunched in to find a very nice crisp, lightly crunch feel, with an an initial taste that seemed like cheddar and sour cream, except with extra spices. After that, those spices grew in strength, adding some heat as well. I've eaten quite a few queso dips in my day, and this taste was kind of remotely in the orbit of some of them, but it didn't come very close to any of them. Pretty good, just not quite what I expected.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, mostly chili powder, but other stuff too.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Cheese (318 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road