Lay's Salted Egg
Taste test: These potato chips had gently curving shapes and a slight orange glow in their yellow surfaces, with some very sparse seasoning powder. I crunched in to find a light crunch and a somewhat strange but remotely egg-like flavor, with definitely some additional spices in there too, transitioning soon into a moderately hot taste and lingering aftertaste as the peppers took over.
The bag didn't mention that there would be heat (at least the parts that we could read or translate) so that aspect was a surprise, and it did distract from the egg flavor that I was looking for. But it was tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, it does smell like egg. Nice.
From the package: “Ingredients : Potato 60%, Rice Bran Oil 30%, Seasoning 9% (Sugar, Milk Powder, Tapioca Starch, Maltodextrin, Salt, Onion, Garlic & Egg Yolk Powder, Flavor Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate and Ribotides), Anticaking Agent (INS 551), Natural Color (NS 160c), Artificial Flavor.) Contains Monosodium Glutamate and Ribotides as Permitted Flavor Enhancers, Anticaking Agent as Permitted Food Conditioner, Permitted Flavoring and Coloring Substance. Allergen Information: Contains Wheat, Milk, Eggs and Soybeans” ... “Product of Thailand”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (72 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Egg Snacks (12 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road