Lay's Pure Spice Flavor
Taste test: These potato chips from China had wide, angular ripples, with light orange color generally, plus some sparse dark seasoning powder. "Pure Spice" is a new phrase to us — other than the words and the chili pepper pictured on the bag, we didn't know what "Pure Spice" meant, so we were eager to give the flavor a try.
We crunched in to find a nice light crunch and a surprisingly mild flavor, way more potato than hot pepper at first, with some mild burn in the aftertaste. Not all that spicy for something called "Pure Spice." A good flavor, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild flavor, tangy but not much of it.
From the package: “Product of China” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Palm Oil, Flavors (Maltodextrin, Salt, Yease [sic] Extract)”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (208 snacks)
- Snacks from China (113 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1959 snacks)
- Hot Chips (988 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (586 snacks)
- Chili Chips (219 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Takis Blue Heat
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Jays Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
- Kit Kat Birthday Cake
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road