Lay's Poppables White Cheddar
Taste test: For years, many snackers have lamented the demise of the Ruffles 3D's (RIP Supreme Sour Cream & Onion, BBQ Blast and Maximum Cheddar), and it seems that Frito-Lay might have finally brought back something similar, though without the Ruffles name this time.
These hollow, potato-based snacks were oval-shaped, growing gradually thicker from the edges to the center, with a pattern of holes on all sides. The shapes and patterns were different from those Ruffles, but otherwise, they were similar. When viewed from a certain angle (and as pictured on the bag) a piece looked like a football.
I crunched in to find an excellent, light and crispy feel, with a nice cheddar flavor that mixed well with the potato. It was good enough that I ate a whole bunch of them in a row. Very good!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild cheese smell.
From the package: “Perfectly poppable crispy potato bites” ... “There's something about the light texture & airy, crispy crunch of new Lay's® Poppables™ that makes you go 'Mmmm.' It could be the bite-sized, perfectly popped shape. Or maybe that it's deliciously seasoned with flavor, both inside and out. Either way, we think you'll find this one-of-a-kind potato snack oh so poppable and with about 28 pieces per serving, pretty perfect.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Poppables (5 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published March 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road