Lay's Poppables Sea Salt
Taste test: This snack had the same oval shapes as the White Cheddar Poppables, with a pattern of holes on the outside of the hollow, potato-based shell.
I crunched in to find a great light crunch and light feel, excellent crunch and nice sea salted potato flavor. Because of the hollow center, one piece looked and felt substantial in the hand, yet felt fairly light to eat. Tasty and fun to eat!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Similar smell to other potato crisps, especially some of the Asian ones.
From the package: “Perfectly poppable crispy potato bites” ... “There's something about the light texture & airy, crispy crunch of new Lay's® Poppables™ that makes you go 'Mmmm.' It could be the bite-sized, perfectly popped shape. Or maybe that it's deliciously seasoned with flavor, both inside and out. Either way, we think you'll find this one-of-a-kind potato snack oh so poppable and with about 28 pieces per serving, pretty perfect."
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Poppables (5 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published March 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road