Lay's Kettle Cooked Indian Tikka Masala
Taste test: This Lay's flavor — part of the "Passport to Flavor" promotion, along with Brazilian Picanha — wasn't even the first masala-flavored Lay's, as we've eaten. However, Magic Masala and India's Lime 'n' Masala were imported from India, whereas this one was made for the American market.
The chips in this bag didn't follow the recipe of either of those Indian-made ones, as these chips were flat and kettle-cooked, rather than ripple chips. They had wiggly shapes with lots of orange seasoning all over the surfaces, plus many large green bits throughout. We crunched in to find a fairly solid crunch and a nice mix of Indian spices. Really, really tasty! With those spices came a middling heat, rather than a super-hot one. The taste was noticeably different from Magic Masala, with less heat and some different spices — still quite tasty, but just without the particular magical spices that made the other one stand out.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Zesty mix of Indian spice. Strong.
From the package: “Packed with flavorful spices like turmeric and cumin, the tomato-based dish Tikka Masala is a fixture in global cuisine. Open this bag and bring some khushee to your day!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Masala snacks (19 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road