Lay's Chinese Szechuan Chicken
Taste test: These potato chips (part of the Lay's Passport to Flavor series, along with Greek Tzatziki, Tikka Masala and Brazilian Picanha) had somewhat wiggly shapes, with many bubbles embedded inside, a dark yellow color generally, plus lots of large bits of green on the surfaces.
I crunched in to find a nice crispness and fairly light crunch, with a zesty mix of spices that did taste a whole lot like Szechuan Chicken. Very tasty! The explosion of flavor was most noticeable on the first few chips; when I ate several chips in a row right after that, the flavor was still good, but it lacked the big zing of those initial bites. Still, an enjoyable chip.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of spices, a lot like a Chinese chicken dish.
From the package: “The regional Sichuan Pepper is where takeout favorite Szechuan Chicken gets its name. Why wait for delivery — we've got the tongue-tingling sensation of 'MÁLÀ” right here!” ... “Partially Produced with Genetic Engineering”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road