Lay's Namtok Hotpot Flavor
Taste test: This Lay's flavor from Thailand promised a Namtok flavor, which is apparently a spicy beef salad from northeastern Thailand. The chips had a a light orange/yellow color, with gently curving surfaces and not much in the way of seasoning visible.
I crunched in to find a nice meaty flavor at first, with a a bit of a sweetness to it, followed by a nice kick of spice, like a spicy meat broth, but unlike anything else I've tasted on a chip. One of our snackers said that it tasted exactly like Chinese five-spice flavor. Very flavorful!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of meat and spices.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (72 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Chili Chips (225 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Lap Cheng in Hong Kong. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road