Lay's Namtok Hotpot Flavor
Taste test: This Lay's flavor from Thailand promised a Namtok flavor, which is apparently a spicy beef salad from northeastern Thailand. The chips had a a light orange/yellow color, with gently curving surfaces and not much in the way of seasoning visible.
I crunched in to find a nice meaty flavor at first, with a a bit of a sweetness to it, followed by a nice kick of spice, like a spicy meat broth, but unlike anything else I've tasted on a chip. One of our snackers said that it tasted exactly like Chinese five-spice flavor. Very flavorful!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of meat and spices.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (211 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (58 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1974 snacks)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
- Chili Chips (219 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Lap Cheng in Hong Kong. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Tiki Gold Coconut Craze
- Crunchips o smaku Pieczone Żeberka
- Tortrix Twist Chiltepe
- Lacta ao Leite
- Walkers Stax Paprika
- Lay's Braised Pork
- Cheetos Xtra Flamin' Hot Cheese and Chili
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road