Lay's Namtok Hotpot Flavor
Taste test: This Lay's flavor from Thailand promised a Namtok flavor, which is apparently a spicy beef salad from northeastern Thailand. The chips had a a light orange/yellow color, with gently curving surfaces and not much in the way of seasoning visible.
I crunched in to find a nice meaty flavor at first, with a a bit of a sweetness to it, followed by a nice kick of spice, like a spicy meat broth, but unlike anything else I've tasted on a chip. One of our snackers said that it tasted exactly like Chinese five-spice flavor. Very flavorful!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of meat and spices.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (75 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road