Lay's Mieng Kam Krob Ros
Taste test: These chips had a flavor based on a Thai dish called Mieng Kam Krob Ros, but when I Googled it, most things were about this very snack, so the circular reference didn't help me to understand the intended flavor. The picture on the bag provided some clues, as it showed sliced limes, green and red peppers, cheese cubes and shrimp. The chips had curvy, somewhat bumpy shapes with a bright yellow color, plus a smattering of green bits.
I crunched in find a very unusual mix of tastes, with some spices and shrimp most noticeable initially, then lime after that — and it kept changing. Together it lit up my mouth with flavor, really nice. I ended up eating just about the whole bag while writing this review. There wasn't much heat during eating, but I did notice a fairly brief hot aftertaste.
Quite an eating experience!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild. Could mostly smell the potato, with maybe a slight hint of something fishy.
From the package: “Product of Thailand”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (75 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Shrimp/Prawn (44 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road