Lay's Mieng Kam Krob Ros
Taste test: These chips had a flavor based on a Thai dish called Mieng Kam Krob Ros, but when I Googled it, most things were about this very snack, so the circular reference didn't help me to understand the intended flavor. The picture on the bag provided some clues, as it showed sliced limes, green and red peppers, cheese cubes and shrimp. The chips had curvy, somewhat bumpy shapes with a bright yellow color, plus a smattering of green bits.
I crunched in find a very unusual mix of tastes, with some spices and shrimp most noticeable initially, then lime after that — and it kept changing. Together it lit up my mouth with flavor, really nice. I ended up eating just about the whole bag while writing this review. There wasn't much heat during eating, but I did notice a fairly brief hot aftertaste.
Quite an eating experience!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild. Could mostly smell the potato, with maybe a slight hint of something fishy.
From the package: “Product of Thailand”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (72 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
- Shrimp/Prawn (42 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road