Lay's Mexican Tomato Chicken Flavor
Taste test: I've enjoyed lots of Mexican food in my time, including many dishes that included tomato and chicken, but the term "Mexican Tomato Chicken" was brand new to me when I spotted this bag of Lay's from China. I opened the bag to find that the chips had somewhat wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, with a pale yellow color generally, plus lots of browning in various places, particularly near the edges. I had to look very closely to notice some very sparsely applied orange seasoning bits.
I crunched in to find a great crunch, perfectly crisp and brittle. Along with the excellent texture came a mild, tasty flavor that didn't taste all that Mexican, nor much like tomato, and also not particularly like chicken. It wasn't spicy or hot in any way. It did, however, taste great! These were some of the best-tasting potato chips I've had in quite some time. Top-notch chips.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like a standard BBQ chip smell, maybe a hint of chicken.
From the package: “Product of China” ... “Ingredients: Potato, Vegetable oil, Starch, Artificial chicken tomato seasonings (Sugar, Maltodextrin, MSG, Salt, Glucose, Soy sauce), Tomato powder, Onion powder, Yeast extract, Acid hydrolyzed soy protein (contains milk), Vinegar, Garlic powder, Citric acid, Malic acid, Aspartame, Silicon dioxide, Disodium 5'-ribonucleotide”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Tomato Snacks (103 snacks)
- Chicken Snacks (86 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road