Lay's Maxx Macho Chilli Potato Chips
Taste test: This version of Lay's from India had ripples — and wide ones — but they were indeed labeled as Lay's, not Ruffles. The chips had a golden yellow color, without much seasoning powder visible.
We crunched in to find a nice brittle, crisp crunch with a zesty, sweet chili pepper flavor at first. That quickly transitioned into quite a hot taste, a nice tasty kick of hot peppers. All of the snackers with whom we shared some were very impressed by the flavor. Even for a frequent taster and hot sauce fan, who is almost invariably unimpressed by snacks that claim to be hot, the heat was noticeable and the taste impressive.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Tangy, sweet barbecue smell.
From the package: “Introducing new Lay's Maxx! Bite into its deep ridges and feel the powerful crunch burst within intense flavours. The perfect snack to Maxx an evening with your buddies. Maxx Taste, Maxx Crunch!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from India (98 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Chili Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
This snack was discovered by Sevtap. Review published January 2016.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road