Lay's Max Seafood Platter
Taste test: This version of Lay's consisted of narrow-rippled potato chips with a pale yellow color and what appeared to be a typical sour cream and onion seasoning, with little bits of green scattered among the ripples.
The picture on the bag showed rippled chips without the green seasoning. It also showed a bowl filled with several kinds of seafood: crab, shrimp, mussels and calamari (plus hot peppers and parsley). The ingredients indicated that the only one of those sea critters that was actually used was crab, and the taste seemed to be match up with that, as there wasn't a whole lot of seafood taste, though there was a bit. But the chips were very crisp and had a nice crunch, plus they were tasty and had a mildly hot aftertaste. We offered these to three tasters to try to guess which seafood was actually in the ingredients. Two got it wrong, but one did correctly identify crab (as she guessed either crab or mussels).
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much, just some very mild spices.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato, Palm Oil, Soysauce Powder, Sugar, Salt, Malt, Flavour Enhancer (621), Laver, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Vinegar Powder, Crab Powder, Flavor”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (96 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Thai Kee IGA Supermarket, at Market City (above Paddy's Market) in Sydney, Australia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road