Lay's Wavy Mango Salsa
We opened the bag to find bright yellow chips with wide, shallow ripples and a smattering of unevenly applied seasoning powder on the surfaces, mostly dark green bits with some even darker ones and some orange ones. We've reviewed many salsa-flavored chips, and although many different kinds of salsa exist, most of those chips fell within a fairly standard range of tastes. These did not; the flavor was quite different. I'm not a fan of mangoes, but I found these to be fairly tasty. They had a good crispness and soft crunch, like the other Wavy Lay's. It seemed like there was a lot of oregano, plus a mix of other spices, to go along with maybe a hint of mango. It was nice to have a different salsa taste, and it wasn't bad, but it didn't stand out as a real special treat either. These don't come close to Wasabi Ginger in really capturing a distinctive flavor that deserves to stay around permanently in the chip aisle.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not the usual salsa smell. Milder, not hot, slightly fruity.
From the package: “Submitted by: Julia Stanley-Metz” ... “My husband makes the most amazing mango salsa that I can eat for days and put on everything!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
- Oregano Chips (12 snacks)
- Mango snacks (12 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road