Lay's Lime & Sea Salt
Taste test: These potato chips had a pale yellow color, with somewhat wiggly shapes, some bubbles embedded inside and many smallish green bits scattered over the surfaces. For some reason, I was feeling lime-skepical, so I decided to check out the ingredients before opening the bag. Lime was not actually among them!
I crunched in to find nice a light, crisp crunch, plus a bit of a weird lime flavor. I could see why this flavor would land in the lime family of flavors, but it really didn't taste much like lime or any other lime-flavored chips we've tried. It was more like lime candy. Not bad, but a strange take on lime.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a mild lime juice smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Corn, and/or Canola Oil), Lime & Sea Salt Seasoning (Sugar, Maltodextrin [Made From Corn], Buttermilk, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Sour Cream [Cream, Skim Milk, Cultures], Skim Milk, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Oil, Spice, Cream, and Acacia Gum). Contains milk ingredients.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (236 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (161 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published May 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road