Lay's Lime & Sea Salt
Taste test: These potato chips had a pale yellow color, with somewhat wiggly shapes, some bubbles embedded inside and many smallish green bits scattered over the surfaces. For some reason, I was feeling lime-skepical, so I decided to check out the ingredients before opening the bag. Lime was not actually among them!
I crunched in to find nice a light, crisp crunch, plus a bit of a weird lime flavor. I could see why this flavor would land in the lime family of flavors, but it really didn't taste much like lime or any other lime-flavored chips we've tried. It was more like lime candy. Not bad, but a strange take on lime.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a mild lime juice smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Corn, and/or Canola Oil), Lime & Sea Salt Seasoning (Sugar, Maltodextrin [Made From Corn], Buttermilk, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Sour Cream [Cream, Skim Milk, Cultures], Skim Milk, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Oil, Spice, Cream, and Acacia Gum). Contains milk ingredients.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Lime Chips (154 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road