Lay's Light & Baked Yuzu & Black Pepper Flavor
Taste test: This snack from China had roughly hexagonal shapes that were generally flat, much like the American versions of Baked Lay's, with a light smattering of dark seasoning bits on the surfaces.
We crunched in to find very little in the way of black pepper, as the little pepper that was there seemed quite different, as it was almost like a hint of sichuan pepper, but orders of magnitude below the strength of some of the shocking sichuan pepper snacks we've tried. We're no experts on the taste of the yuzu fruit (we've reviewed one yuzu potato chip and one yuzu fry) but maybe it was the yuzu that brought out the unusual pepper taste. Regardless, this was a nice taste, certainly different from any of the other Baked Lay's.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really peppery like most black pepper snacks, but definitely something sharp and interesting.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Baked Lay's (5 snacks)
- Snacks from China (123 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (130 snacks)
This snack was discovered at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road