Lay's Kettle Cooked Lattice Cut Roasted Garlic & Sea Salt
Taste test: This new line of potato chips from Lay's had a two-way ripple cut that followed in in the footsteps of similar chips from Herr's (who use the name waffle cut) and Cape Cod (using the same name lattice cut). The double ripples seemed a bit narrower and less deep than the Herr's and Cape Cod versions, so there were fewer and smaller holes where the opposing-angle top and bottom ripples intercepted. The chips had a light yellow color with some bits of dark skin on some of the edges.
We crunched in to find a nice crispness and a good strong crunch, with a somewhat mild but very tasty garlic flavor. It was definitely a garlic taste, but it was wasn't garlicky in a bad way, and it mixed well with the strong potato flavor. One of the pieces was a double chip, folded-over and stuck together. With four layers of ripples, that once was thick and super-crunchy, the best one in the bag!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet garlic smell. Nice.
From the package: “Take a moment to relax, unwind from your day and savor right now— one delicious bite at a time.” ... “The inspired open cut of our lattice chip allows savory roasted garlic and sea salt to come together in dazzling waves of flavor. We start with Lay's® signature potatoes, sliced twice. Kettle cook 'em in small batches until their extra crunchy and crisp. And let the simple fresh tasting, goodness of real ingredients shine.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Garlic (107 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road