Lay's Kettle Cooked Lattice Cut Aged Cheddar & Black Pepper
Taste test: These cross-rippled potato chips (introduced by Lay's along with a garlic & sea salt flavor) had a middling level of bits of black pepper adhering mostly inside the ripples, with some nearly-white cheese powder on the surfaces too, for an overall color that was a fairly pale shade of yellow.
We crunched in to find that the intersecting ripples gave the chips an impressively solid crunch — not quite too hard, but about as solid as you'd want it to be. The taste was very, very mildly peppery, as the cheese was far more noticeable. There was some black pepper in the aftertaste, but still just a hint. Mildly flavored but tasty and nicely crunchy.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild pepper and even milder cheddar, but pretty nice!
From the package: “Take a moment to relax, unwind from your day and savor right now— one delicious bite at a time.” ... “The inspired open cut of our lattice chip allows smooth aged cheddar and bursts of black pepper to come together in rich waves of flavor. We start with Lay's® signature potatoes, sliced twice. Kettle cook 'em in small batches until their extra crunchy and crisp. And let the simple fresh tasting, goodness of real ingredients shine.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1988 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (418 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (128 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road