Lay's Kyushu Seaweed
Taste test: These potato chips had a pale yellow color and a lot of bits of green seaweed on their surfaces.
Seaweed is quite a departure from the kinds of Lay's flavors that our tasters were accustomed to, but people really liked these a lot. There was just enough seaweed, and it was mixed in with enough other things, to deliver a subtle seaweed taste, without going overboard into "ick, seaweed!" territory. This was one of the few times that we could get a majority of our tasters to enjoy any sea-related snack.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild mix of spices. Only vaguely seaweed-like.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato, Palm Oil, Sugar, Salt, Soy Sauce, Seaweed, Seasoning, Spice Powder.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (94 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Seaweed Snacks (18 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Thai Kee IGA Supermarket, at Market City (above Paddy's Market) in Sydney, Australia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road