Lay's Flavor Swap Korean Barbecue
Taste test: This flavor was released as part of the Lay's Flavor Swap promotion, which paired up four sets of two flavors, one an existing product and one a new one, for a head-to-head online competition to (supposedly) determine which one stays and which one goes. Korean Barbecue was the new one matched up against Honey Barbecue.
The potato chips in this bag had a light coating of sort of brownish seasoning, giving them a bit of a golden russet-like appearance. There were smallish bubbles on the surfaces of the chips, with some small darker seasoning bits here and there. I bit in to find a good crispness and nice flavor, but it was a tough one to classify — it wasn't particularly spicy, tangy, hot or sweet. But it did taste pretty good. Noting special about it, but solidly good.
Given the follow-up actions to past Frito-Lay flavor contests, in which losers have later reappeared and winners didn't always become permanent, plus the fact that Honey Barbecue isn't a consistently available flavor, I'm rather skeptical that it's a binding vote.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely something there, but really mild. Kind of like a mildly fruity barbecue sauce.
From the package: “Lay's Flavor Swap” ... “Try all four swaps & vote at www.FlavorSwap.com” ... “One Stays. One Goes. Save your fave!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Speedway. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road