Lay's Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
Taste test: These chips were fairly pale yellow in color and very wiggly, with bits of skin around the edges and many bits of black pepper on the surfaces.
Some of the more wiggly or folded chips were stuck together. The chips were quite crunchy and tasted pretty good, but they were less peppery than I expected. The taste was kind of like a baked potato with black pepper among other toppings, as the black pepper was definitely noticeable but not so dominant. Still pretty good, though.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, sharp, fresh pepper smell. Good.
From the package: “Sea salt and coarsely cracked peppercorns, aromatic and brisk — simple seasonings bring out the best in these chips. We start with farm-grown potatoes, sliced nice and thick. We kettle cook 'em in small batches until they're extra-crunchy and crisp. And let the pure, simple goodness of all natural ingredients shine.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (228 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (127 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road