Lay's Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
Taste test: These chips were fairly pale yellow in color and very wiggly, with bits of skin around the edges and many bits of black pepper on the surfaces.
Some of the more wiggly or folded chips were stuck together. The chips were quite crunchy and tasted pretty good, but they were less peppery than I expected. The taste was kind of like a baked potato with black pepper among other toppings, as the black pepper was definitely noticeable but not so dominant. Still pretty good, though.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, sharp, fresh pepper smell. Good.
From the package: “Sea salt and coarsely cracked peppercorns, aromatic and brisk — simple seasonings bring out the best in these chips. We start with farm-grown potatoes, sliced nice and thick. We kettle cook 'em in small batches until they're extra-crunchy and crisp. And let the pure, simple goodness of all natural ingredients shine.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (130 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road