Lay's Kettle Cooked Sweet Chili & Sour Cream 40% Less Fat
Taste test: This wasn't exactly a new Lay's flavor, as we gave an extremely positive review to the Kettle Cooked Sweet Chili & Sour Cream chips almost nine years ago, but this time they brought it back in a "40% less fat" version, so we needed to see if it was as good as the "100% as much fat" version.
The chips had somewhat wiggly shapes, with some folded-over chips, with many small bubbles embedded inside. The surfaces were generally light orange, with some brighter orange seasoned areas, and some of the chips had some sizable black areas.
We crunched in to find a fairly loud crunch and nice, crisp feel. The taste was pretty good too, a mix of sweet and heat with some creaminess as well. We're generally skeptical of the "40% Less Fat" chips, but it didn't seem to detract from the taste or texture in this case. Not quite as much of a standout as the original, but still pretty good chips.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice, really can smell the spicy chilies and sour cream.
From the package: “Spicy and sweet chilies, paired with smooth sour cream, with less fat and a satisfying crunch. Every ship is bursting with sweet heat.” ... “Life's tasty. Enjoy the crunch.™”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1988 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Chili Chips (223 snacks)
- Lowfat Chips (62 snacks)
- Sour Cream Chips (37 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road