Lay's Kettle Cooked Olive Oil & Herbs Lightly Salted
Taste test: A year ago, Lay's introduced several pairs of "Flavor Swap" varieties — one existing flavor and a new one sold concurrently and often displayed on the same shelf — with the claim that one of each pair would stay and the other be eliminated, based on an online vote. Brand-new Olive Oil & Herbs was pitted against longtime flavor Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper. But this reappearing flavor added the large words "Lighted Salted" to the bag, so it would be a bit inconsistent for this to be the result of the flavor swap. Plus, they're still selling Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch, but not a particularly satisfying one, as it had an odd crispness, similar to the reduced-fat versions of Lay's Kettle Cooked. The initial flavor was quite good, with a tasty mix of herbs and maybe even some cheese, but once the powder wore off, it seemed bland, as the potato flavor wasn't all that noticeable. The lower level of salt could be the reason for this.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mix of herbs. Mmmm.
From the package: “50 less sodium than Lay's Kettle Cooked Jalapeño Potato Chips.” ... “Extra-virgin olive oil dressed with rosemary & thyme, lightly salted and a satisfying crunch. Snacking gets savory.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Herbs (64 snacks)
- No salt/low salt chips (42 snacks)
- Olive Oil Chips (15 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road