Lay's Kettle Cooked Medleys Sea Salt
Taste test: These chips appeared to have the same three colors of potatoes — dark purple, light purple and yellow — as the Old Glories from Saratoga chips, but thankfully Lay's played the color combination as a "medley" rather than claiming it was red, white and blue like Saratoga did.
The chips looked nice, with wiggly shapes and bubbly surfaces adding to the nice color variety. I crunched in to find a fairly consistent texture and taste among the three kinds, and that was a good thing, because they all had a nice crunch and were fairly crisp, with a good raw potato type of flavor that was brought out nicely by the sea salt.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice rich potato smell, a lot like Kettle Chips brand.
From the package: “Limited Batch mix of 3 potato varieties” ... “Take a moment to savor the fall harvest with limited batch Lay's® Kettle Cooked Medleys Sea Salt chips, a seasonal blend of naturally colorful potatoes, slowly-cooked in small batches and sprinkled with sea salt.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (236 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published October 2016.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road