Lay's Kettle Cooked 40% Less Fat Applewood Smoked BBQ
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly, irregular shapes with some bubbles, and they were generally smallish, with a mild orange glow from the flavor seasoning.
Our tasters crunched in the find a very nice texture, with a good crunch and high level of crispness. With some reduced fat chips, the crunch doesn't seem quite right, but that wasn't the case here. The barbecue taste was good but nothing special, with a medium-strength, fairly ordinary taste. A decent, average barbecue chip, but we were expecting a little extra flavor with the "Applewood Smoked" label.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The usual barbecue powder smell. Nothing special.
From the package: “Savor the Delicious Moment” ... “Discover a moment of pure pleasure. FInd time to relax, unwind and connect — together. Lay's® Kettle Cooked chips help you slow down and savor right now, one delicious bite at a time.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Lowfat Chips (62 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road