Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot
Taste test: For years, on and off, there was a Flamin' Hot version of Lay's, and now they've brought the flavor to the crunchier Kettle Cooked chips. The chips had wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, with various levels of reddish orange seasoning, allowing select areas of the paler yellow chip surfaces to show through.
We crunched in to find a nice crisp crunch, less solid than some kettle-cooked chips but still a very satisfying feel. The heat was middling in strength, mixing well with some tasty spices, for a very good flavor without getting into the running for hottest ever. A good one.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just mildly hot, can smell the potato too.
From the package: “Take a moment to spice things up with Lay's® Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot® flavored chips. Using only high-quality ingredients, we kettle cook our chips so that you get the most delicious crunch and every bite. With fiery chili pepper flavor, these chips pack an unforgettable punch.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (211 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (37 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1975 snacks)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road