Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot
Taste test: For years, on and off, there was a Flamin' Hot version of Lay's, and now they've brought the flavor to the crunchier Kettle Cooked chips. The chips had wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, with various levels of reddish orange seasoning, allowing select areas of the paler yellow chip surfaces to show through.
We crunched in to find a nice crisp crunch, less solid than some kettle-cooked chips but still a very satisfying feel. The heat was middling in strength, mixing well with some tasty spices, for a very good flavor without getting into the running for hottest ever. A good one.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just mildly hot, can smell the potato too.
From the package: “Take a moment to spice things up with Lay's® Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot® flavored chips. Using only high-quality ingredients, we kettle cook our chips so that you get the most delicious crunch and every bite. With fiery chili pepper flavor, these chips pack an unforgettable punch.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (39 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published March 2020.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road