Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot
Taste test: For years, on and off, there was a Flamin' Hot version of Lay's, and now they've brought the flavor to the crunchier Kettle Cooked chips. The chips had wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, with various levels of reddish orange seasoning, allowing select areas of the paler yellow chip surfaces to show through.
We crunched in to find a nice crisp crunch, less solid than some kettle-cooked chips but still a very satisfying feel. The heat was middling in strength, mixing well with some tasty spices, for a very good flavor without getting into the running for hottest ever. A good one.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just mildly hot, can smell the potato too.
From the package: “Take a moment to spice things up with Lay's® Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot® flavored chips. Using only high-quality ingredients, we kettle cook our chips so that you get the most delicious crunch and every bite. With fiery chili pepper flavor, these chips pack an unforgettable punch.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1041 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road