Lay's Kettle Cooked Extra Extreme Cheddar
Taste test: This new extension to the Lay's Kettle Cooked line promised "Extra" levels of both flavor and crunch. I opened the bag to find somewhat wiggly shapes similar to previous Lay's Kettle Cooked. There was a noticeable amount of bright orange seasoning powder on the surfaces, though it wasn't distributed evenly, so the yellow of the underlying chip showed through more in some areas than others.
I crunched in to find that Lay's absolutely did deliver Extra in both the flavor and crunch aspects. I've reviewed many chips promising cheese (usually along with another flavor) where I could hardly taste the cheese, or couldn't even. That was definitely not the case here, as there was a lot of cheddar, helped along by some additional spices, so it shared the stage with the taste of the potato. The crunch was strong, not crazy strong or anything, but a bit more solid than we usually get from Lay's Kettle Cooked. Good chips.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Quite a strong cheddar smell, nice.
From the package: “Extra Flavor Extra Crunch see back” ... “than Lay's® Kettle Cooked Potato Chips leading flavor”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (430 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road