Lay's Kettle Cooked Crinkle Cut Original
Taste test: These chips had a combination that's very rare in the snack business: they were both kettle-cooked and rippled.
For whatever reason, kettle-cooked chips are almost invariably not rippled, and we've found only a handful of chips that were both. Our tasters were glad that Lay's gave the combination a try, because everyone who crunched in liked these a lot. The chips had wide ripples, with shapes a bit less wiggly than your typical kettle cooked chips (perhaps because of the ripples) but with with many of the chips folded over. They were very crunchy and had a very solid feel, with lots of potato taste and a fairly low level of salt.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The same oily smell that's typical of kettle-cooked chips.
From the package: “Start with farm-grown potatoes, cut into waves that hold up to thick dips. Kettle cook 'em in small batches until they're extra crunchy and crisp. And let the pure goodness of all-natural ingredients shine.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (613 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road