Lay's Kettle Cooked 40% Less Fat Jalapeño Cheddar
Taste test: These potato chips had very wiggly shapes, with many bubbles embedded inside and an overall color ranging from yellow to a fairly bright orange. There were some green bits of seasoning unevenly spread across the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a fairly strong crunch and pretty good crispness, with some cheese on the first bite, then heat for the aftertaste. The taste was not bad, as it had both cheese and hot pepper, but it didn't taste all that much like jalapeño, or at least not fresh jalapeño, and the cheese was not necessarily sharp cheddar cheese. The heat was of middling strength. Perfectly acceptable, but far from great ‚ we've had lots of jalapeño cheddar chips, and these were not one of the better ones.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild cheese smell. No jalapeno.
From the package: “Take a moment to relax, unwind from your day and savor right now — one delicious bite at a time.” ... “The zestiness of jalapeños, combined with the fresh taste of sharp cheddar, brings an unexpectedly delicious kick to these flavorful chips.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (208 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1959 snacks)
- Hot Chips (988 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (410 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (236 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Takis Blue Heat
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Jays Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road