Lay's Ketchup (USA)
Taste test: This flavor, part of the Lay's Tastes of America series, was hardly the first time that we've seen the Lay's brand on a bag of ketchup flavored snacks, as their Ketchup Potato Chips in Canada have been around forever, and they've also used the Lay's brand for these ketchup-flavored potato sticks in Poland. We even found one variation in the USA before, as six years ago we reviewed Spicy Ketchup potato chips.
The chips generally had a yellow color with some orange sections, but the amount of red seasoning was far lower than we saw on those Canadian ones. We crunched in to find a soft, light crunch and a mild ketchup flavor that was just slightly tangy. It tasted good and went well with the potato, but it was on the weak side as ketchup-flavored potato chips go, a whole order of magnitude lower in ketchup intensity than the popular Canadian version.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice strong ketchup smell.
From the package: “Inspired by the flavor that makes everything better, it's no surprise that ketchup is found everywhere from backyards to ballparks!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road