Lay's Italian Red Meat Flavor
Taste test: This Lay's flavor from China presented a somewhat mystifying flavor name in Italian Red Meat (kind of like their excellent Mexican Tomato Chicken). I just didn't know what it meant!
I opened the bag to find that the chips had a dark orange color, with curvy shapes and many folded-over pieces. I crunched in to find a crisp, brittle crunch and some fairly mild but highly delicious spices. I don't think I can draw much of a connection from this flavor to red meat, but I suppose there was nothing about it to preclude a distant connection. Bottom line is that the chips tasted very good, even if the flavor seemed nonsensical on multiple levels.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice, kind of reminded me of Russet potato chips.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (112 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road