Lay's India's Magic Masala
Taste test: These narrow-rippled potato chips had a lot of seasoning on them, with sort of an orange-brown color, plus some specks of green. The big question when we crunched in was how the "Magic" version would differ from the Lime & Masala flavor.
All it took was one bite to find that these tasted quite different, as there was a different mix of spices, with a more intense taste and noticeably more heat. One of our tasters was convinced that the extra taste was asafoetida, though it was not listed among the ingredients. While most of our tasters took a liking to the lime ones, the votes were more split in this case, as some of the spices weren't quite so magical as far as some of our tasters were concerned.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of Indian spices. Remotely like curry.
From the package: “PROPRIETARY FOOD” ... “Contains added flavour (natural, nature identical & artificial raisin flavouring substances)” ... “Taste the blend of life 'n' spice in Lay's® Magic Masala and feel your heart go 'DHAK DHAK'! Be a little DilLogical™!” ... “Ingredients: Potato, Edible Vegetable Oil, *Spices & Condiments (Onion powder, Chili powder, Amchur, Coriander powder, Ginger powder, Parsley powder, Garlic powder, Tumeric Powder, Black pepper powder, Fenugreek powder), Salt, Black Salt, Milk Solids, Tomato powder, Sugar, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid.” ... “The world's No. 1 Potato Chip”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from India (93 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
- Masala snacks (19 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Kevin & Marie in Benaulim, Goa region, India. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road