Lay's Hot & Spicy Barbecue
Taste test: This version of Lay's had a bright orange seasoning, unevenly applied, on parts of the otherwise yellow chips, with many specks of black seasoning as well. Years ago, Lay's offered a KC Masterpiece Hot 'n Spicy BBQ flavor, but this was apparently a new flavor, without the KC Masterpiece.
I crunched in and found a very tasty mix of spices that included a pretty significant kick of heat for a barbecue chip. Even putting the heat aside, there was definitely a more sophisticated mix of spices in this one than your typical barbecue chip. The heat stayed around and grew hotter in the aftertaste. I also noticed that the chips weren't particularly crisp, which was unfortunate because the flavor on these was quite good.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really hot, but still tangier than your typical barbecue seasoning.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar General. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road