Lay's Hot & Spicy Barbecue
Taste test: This version of Lay's had a bright orange seasoning, unevenly applied, on parts of the otherwise yellow chips, with many specks of black seasoning as well. Years ago, Lay's offered a KC Masterpiece Hot 'n Spicy BBQ flavor, but this was apparently a new flavor, without the KC Masterpiece.
I crunched in and found a very tasty mix of spices that included a pretty significant kick of heat for a barbecue chip. Even putting the heat aside, there was definitely a more sophisticated mix of spices in this one than your typical barbecue chip. The heat stayed around and grew hotter in the aftertaste. I also noticed that the chips weren't particularly crisp, which was unfortunate because the flavor on these was quite good.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really hot, but still tangier than your typical barbecue seasoning.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (488 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road