Lay's Hot Chili Squid
Taste test: This bag from Thailand contained narrow-rippled potato chips with a light orange color, with just a bit of seasoning visible inside the ripples and some skin on parts of the edges. Yes, you heard that right: rippled Lay's, not Ruffles. Most of the chips were fairly small.
We crunched in to find a fairly strong intensity of flavoring, with the main taste being chili pepper heat, as the squid taste was not overwhelming. There was a mildly hot aftertaste too. Some of our snackers couldn't taste the squid at all, while others who feared the squid found it to be subtle enough not to be offensive. And still others actually liked these chips quite a bit. Some the best squid-flavored snacks we've tried!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of the fish food smell, but not that strong.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (72 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
- Squid (14 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Top Line Supermarket, Elmhurst, New York. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road