Lay's Hot Chili Squid
Taste test: This bag from Thailand contained narrow-rippled potato chips with a light orange color, with just a bit of seasoning visible inside the ripples and some skin on parts of the edges. Yes, you heard that right: rippled Lay's, not Ruffles. Most of the chips were fairly small.
We crunched in to find a fairly strong intensity of flavoring, with the main taste being chili pepper heat, as the squid taste was not overwhelming. There was a mildly hot aftertaste too. Some of our snackers couldn't taste the squid at all, while others who feared the squid found it to be subtle enough not to be offensive. And still others actually liked these chips quite a bit. Some the best squid-flavored snacks we've tried!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of the fish food smell, but not that strong.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (208 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (55 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1959 snacks)
- Hot Chips (988 snacks)
- Chili Chips (219 snacks)
- Seafood Chips (136 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Top Line Supermarket, Elmhurst, New York. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Takis Blue Heat
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Jays Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
- Stuffed Puffs
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins Bacon Ranch
- Red Rock Deli Fire Roasted Jalapeño Kettle Style Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road