Lay's Grilled Eel Flavor
Taste test: This flavor of Lay's (one of several new seafood varieties from China that we've found recently) looked like ordinary Classic Lay's with various shades of yellow, fairly flat shapes and no visible seasoning power. And yet, they promised to taste like grilled eel!
We crunched in to find an immediate strong fishy taste, not the worst fish we've ever tasted, but still pretty bad. It was strong enough that we could hardly notice the potato, and as what potato there was faded away, the eel aftertaste remained. Definitely a startling concept for a flavor, but eat at your own risk!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just slightly fishy, not really in a bad way.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Snacks from China (118 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (148 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Chili + Lime
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road