Lay's Grilled Eel Flavor
Taste test: This flavor of Lay's (one of several new seafood varieties from China that we've found recently) looked like ordinary Classic Lay's with various shades of yellow, fairly flat shapes and no visible seasoning power. And yet, they promised to taste like grilled eel!
We crunched in to find an immediate strong fishy taste, not the worst fish we've ever tasted, but still pretty bad. It was strong enough that we could hardly notice the potato, and as what potato there was faded away, the eel aftertaste remained. Definitely a startling concept for a flavor, but eat at your own risk!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just slightly fishy, not really in a bad way.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from China (123 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road