Lay's Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Taste test: This flavor was formerly a "Do Us A Flavor" limited edition for Canada, but now it has arrived in the USA, with no indication on the bag of being limited. (Also in Canada, Humpty Dumpty has done a Grilled Cheese & Ketchup flavor.)
The chips generally had gently curving shapes, with some folded-over ones. The surface had an orange glow, with some areas more yellow. There were two chips near the top of the bag that were positively huge!
I crunched in to find a nice crisp feel and a taste that mixed some cheesiness with a strong hint of tomato soup. The taste was generally milder in both the cheese and tomato departments than it should have been to warrant being associated with this this soup-and-sandwich combo. Thankfully, some pieces appeared to have more seasoning than others, and those ended up being the best of the bag, with a noticeably stronger tomato taste. Regardless of how well it matched the name, a nice flavor.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a mild version of BBQ chips. A hint of tomato in there, but I'm not getting the cheese.
From the package: “Rich - Cheesy - Crispy - Delish”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Cheese (310 snacks)
- Tomato Snacks (98 snacks)
- Sandwich-themed snacks (29 snacks)
- Soup Snacks (21 snacks)
- Grilled Cheese (6 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Shaw's at Boston University. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road