Lay's Fried Pickles with Ranch
Taste test: These potato chips from the Lay's Tastes of America series had a nice yellow color with some areas of browning, topped with a light smattering of green seasoning bits.
I crunched in to find a nice crisp, light crunch and a flavor that quite surprised me. Having eating at least 57 kinds of pickle-flavored potato chips, I can say that these had about as weak of a pickle flavor as any of them. They didn't make up for the lack of pickle by overdoing it with the ranch, either — there wasn't much ranch to speak of. I liked the taste a lot, as it was a nice mild mix of spices and worked very well with the good potato taste. But if not for the name on the bag, I might not have even associated the flavor with either ranch or pickle.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice savory smell, but I could notice neither pickles nor ranch dressing.
From the package: “Inspired by a deep-fried favorite at Midwest state fairs, get a taste of fried pickles with ranch. Who's ready for a ride on the Ferris wheel?”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (123 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (67 snacks)
This snack was discovered . Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road